Utility for CM9 Epic Touch
This is a temporary ROM that boots Samsung's Ice Cream Sandwich FF18 firmware entirely from emmc without making any changes to the ROM currently installed on your phone. When you reboot, you return to recovery where you can re-flash the ROM to return to CM9. This temporary ROM is useful for several purposes.
How To Use
- Download the tar.xz file.
- Download CM9 Beta 1 (gapps not needed. Flash this only if you aren't already on a recent build).
- Unpack using 7-Zip (Windows) or Keka (MacOS X) or any other xz capable archive software. Recent versions of Linux can unpack it with tar xfvJ filename.tar.xz.
- Do you have a folder named multiboot? If not, try again.
- Plug your Epic Touch into your computer and mount as USB storage.
- Copy the entire multiboot folder into the base of your emmc (internal storage, not external sdcard). Safely remove the USB storage device from your computer to ensure it wrote everything properly.
- Transfer CM9 Beta 1 ROM.zip onto internal storage.
- STOP! Did you copy the multiboot folder and CM9 ROM.zip to your internal storage?
- Boot into CWM recovery.
- Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from internal sdcard > cm-9-20120907-EXPERIMENTAL-d710-Beta1.zip
- After it finishes flashing, go to advanced settings and reboot to recovery (only flash this if you aren't already on a recent build).
- Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from internal sdcard > multiboot > FF18 > boot_FF18.zip
- Did you see "install from sdcard complete"? You failed to follow directions. You must be on a fairly recent CM9 build as the kernel/recovery that comes with older CM9 builds is not kexec enabled.
- WAIT. It will eventually boot stock FF18 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Once done using temp boot, just reboot your phone and it will boot back into your current CM9 ROM.
If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting Team Epic with a tiny contribution.