- Sbrissen's kernel nearing stability. Even with the imminent Samsung official release, and kernel sources being available, Sbrissen has been putting in much time in getting the 3.0.x kernel working well with our Epic 4G Touch phones. Much progress has been made. To keep up, follow sbrissen on his twitter, or check out his github.
- More Epic CM developers with the Epic Touch. Since last alpha's release, we've had the likes of Decad3nce, and noobnl get the Epic Touch. If you've been following the blog, facebook, google+, etc recently, you likely have seen the byproduct of noobnl's and mkasick's efforts in making flashing CM9 on the Epic Touch more simple and safe. To add to that, darchstar has obtained a new Epic Touch, courtesy of Epic CM.
- DirectBoot CWM is the preferred method of flashing CM9. In efforts from noobnl, a recovery zImage was created so that you can directly boot into CWM recovery. In the kernel for DirectBoot CWM, there's also kexec support, supplied to us by developer mkasick. For more information, refer to the tools page.
- CM9 alpha5-pre1
In Progress for CM9 alpha5
These are the issues developers are looking to tackle come the time to actually release alpha5. If you'd like a certain bug fixed by alpha5, please, file a descript issue report to out issue tracker
- Epic CM as a whole are working on replicating the signal thresholds of Samsung's ROM, implementable as generic knobs for CM9's CDMA framework. This will be necessary for the Epic Touch to ever achieve "stable" status in CM9 in the future.
- nullghost's Phantom Voicemail patch needs further work to be suitable for CM9 inclusion, another requirement for Epic Touch to achieve "stable" status in the future.
- Sbrissen continues to work on the 3.0.x kernel.
- CM9 now has Lockscreen Weather.
- CM9 now has Lockscreen Calendars.
- CM9 now has the Apollo music app.
- Calibration and Cap Lights activation in Advanced Settings work properly now.
- Charging icons when powered off are now controlled with aosp source, rather than using stock images.
- Recovery has been removed from the zImage.
- Kernel has been updated to FE22