- In alpha5, we decided to get rid of the ability to reboot into recovery. Mind you, this is temporary. This decision was based on the user not being able to do anything in the recovery to begin with, with the eMMC bug in our devices' firmware, currently. This ability will be added back in the next public release of Cyanogenmod 9 for the Epic 4G Touch.
Which brings me to my next point:
- As said earlier, this will be our final alpha release before we delve into our beta cycle. With the imminent release of ICS for the Epic 4G Touch, there will surely be an imminent release of kernel sources, too. With that, we can patch up the eMMC devastating bug in the kernel, granted it's not already patched up by Samsung.
- Lockscreen Weather Widget. CM9 users now have the ability to add a widget to the lockscreen to display weather information.
- Lockscreen Calendars Widget. CM9 users now are able to display their calendar on the lockscreen.
- Apollo Music Player. CM9 now has a completely revamped music player with improved aesthetics and added functionalities. Click the link for more information.
- Phantom Voicemail fix now merged in CM9
- Non-Sprint carrier users probably will want to enable Phone > Settings > Message Wait Indicator if they use non-visual voicemail.
- Calibration fixed in Device Settings. Prior, there was bad logic in the code for actually calibrating the gsensors. That has now been fixed.
- Capacitive Lights Settings fixed in Device Settings. Like calibration, the there was an issue in the code for the checkbox preference to actually work. This has been fixed.
- How the checkbox is currently set to work is that when checked, the lights will be enabled; they will timeout after 6 seconds. With the checkbox unchecked, you completely turn off the touchkey lights altogether.
- Switch to AOSP Charger. Charging when the phone is turned off is now using AOSP code and icons.
- Kernel updated to FF02. Pretty self-explanatory.