Clarification: No CM Stable Releases Yet
Epic Touch will not be among the devices that release RC1 with CM9. This device will have alpha releases for now, beta after we have a fully working ICS kernel built from source, then RC/stable releases only after that is proven stable and we have a fully safe CWM recovery that no longer needs the temporary update-binary hack.
- 6/13 CM9 Build (Not Alpha6)
- Download Nightly Builds
- Read below for changelog. Please test and report back here or on Google+
- Notes on 6/13 build
- If your internal and external storage switch after flashing the updated build, try settings > storage > settings > storage config > check use internal storage > reboot.
- If having trouble with MMS not sending, push mms.apk from alpha 5 to /system/app/, set permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot.
Changelog since the release of Alpha5
- Switch from old skater bootanimation to new Cid bootanimation.
- Kernel has been updated to FF11
- Reworking the RIL to better report actual signal strength
- CWM Recovery and the option to reboot into recovery from reboot menu are now back in CM9.
- We now have a "safer" recovery thanks to the work of chris41g and Dees_Troy. They have implemented a number of safe measures into CWM recovery to work around the eMMC bricking such as the removal of commands known to cause bricking and the use of a safe gingerbread update-binary when flashing .zips.