- Faster GPS triangulation. In previous builds, you may have noticed yourself unable to locate more than 2 satellites. this bug has been squashed, and now more satellites should be available to get a signal from. That, and also, with improved gps binaries, getting a GPS lock shall be much quicker.
- Phantom voicemail fixed (seriously)! In alpha 2, we didn't compile the Phone.apk with the proper flag for the fix. We didn't forget this time! :)
- Manual CPU frequency settings. We patched the Settings app so it sees our frequency table, thus aptly allowing us to manually adjust this. Be aware that any mods done in the performance section can be a bit dangerous. Be smart when adjusting your frequency maxes and mins.
- Improved battery life. Tweaks in the frameworks xmls to optimize it for our phones have led us to have much improved battery life.
- Fixed Roaming Menu. Previously, there was a bug where making a change in the system select menu for roaming didn't persist through reboot. We've fixed that, as well as making it possible to select more roaming options as featured in Touchwiz.
- Updated kernel to FD10. This is pretty self explanatory.
- Pinch to zoom in camera. This feature was brought into our builds from upstream.
- Expandable sound menu. This patch was also brought from upstream. You can now make it so that when you change volume with your rocker, you can make that more expandable, to edit other sound volumes, eg media or alarms.
- For the phantom voicemail fix, we made it so it disabled incoming voicemail notifications coming directly to the phone; you should still be able to get voicemail notifications from your Sprint VVM or Google Voice account. If you're on a carrier which supports handling voicemails through the phone, you can check the checkbox in Phone>Settings>Voicemail Notifications..
- This is posted in the CM Status page, but we figured we should post it here as well: if you're having difficulties with MMS, it is almost assured it's an issue with a bad telephony.db file in /data/data/*telephony*/databases/ which google may have restored during the initial setup. Just delete that file, reboot, and resend your MMS; it should work from then, on.
- There's a bug in CPU Settings in Performance Settings, where the changes don't persist on a reboot. We're aware of it.
The Epic Touch CM Team has still been working hard on getting working kernel sources. Darchstar has been making some very good progress. He's taken teamhacksung's repo, made changes to it, and compiled a kernel which is quite functional. Besides the underlying factor that makes it our phone a phone, the cdma radio, it works quite well. Be sure to be on the lookout for more progress. We may actually beat Samsung to the punch here! If you're interested in helping out, kernel sources can be found on darchstar's github
See the CM9 Status page for more details on the ROM, then head over to the CM9 Install Guide to install the ROM. Please check the Epic Touch CM Issue Tracker to see if your bug has been reported, before filing a new issue report.
If you appreciate our work, please, consider supporting the Epic Touch CM Team. Thanks